Monday, August 18, 2014

Hell Week

WOW!!! The last 8 days have been brutal. Last Sunday at 1:00am I drove myself to the Emergency Room and checked myself in for what I thought was appendicitis. My last scan had showed it was inflamed and my doctor said I should be on the look out for it. Well turns out the pain I was experiencing was from gallbladder. So the next day I had that removed and my appendix as well. In addition last week I had 2 CT Scans, 1 Hydra Scan, 1 Ultrasound, and 2 Chest Xrays. I also had an NG tube placed in me and went through a infinite amount of shots and IV fluids. What a week. I am not gonna lie it really sucked. But you know I had cancer and why shouldn't I also have this. The last 6 months have already been crazy. Maybe things can get back to normalish now. So that's where I have been. It doesn't appear that it was cancer related. Also evidently after my last chemo I had appendicitis and just thought it was chemo side effects. Go figure. Nothing is normal on chemo. If you know about NG tubes you know how much they suck. If you don't go stick a .5in tube through your left nostril and into your stomach. It sucks. Crazy crazy but life goes on.

1 comment:

  1. Hi kid
    I was diagnosed this summer with stage 4 gastric cancer...out of the blue. I'm in my 50's but am perfectly healthy other than this bout of cancer! I was on no meds and was very active prior to this. Anyway, I found your blog and I'm wondering how you are doing. I also have a blog if you are interested. Hope you are well. Janet O

    ReplyDelete